Senior Finance Assistant (18 month maternity cover)
1 September 2021
We're looking for an all round finance assistant/management accountant with AAT qualifications and experience in indirect taxes to join our head office finance team in Manchester for 18 months maternity cover.
9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
— Group Accountant
— Finance team
- Completion of monthly management accounts.- Supporting the finance assistant in their day-to-day role.
- Monthly financial reporting to external landlords, 3rd parties as well as internal teams.
- Quarterly debt reports and assisting in the calculation of quarterly dividends to be distributed.
- Accounting for the purchase and disposals of investment properties.
- Running monthly tenancy schedules, debt reports, expenditure analysis and reporting on the data.
- Recharging costs internally to residential portfolios.
- Assist and advise the fund managers and residential team on any queries they may have.
- Helping to create annual budgets for residential portfolios.
- Participating in monthly board meetings to discuss the performance of the accounts.
- Arranging the payment of quarterly service charge bills for all residential properties.
— Other tax related qualifications desirable.
— Good solid background producing management accounts and reporting.
— Must have hands on experience in all aspects of indirect tax. Previous experience dealing with HMRC an advantage.
— Able to keep abreast of new laws and requirements.
— Experience with property related taxes desirable.
— Payroll experience desirable.
- Needs to be organised and manage their time efficiently, must be willing to learn quickly and able to support members of the finance and residential team confidently.
Skills, knowledge and attributes
— Proficient in VAT, CIS, PAYE, Benefits e.g. PSA agreements, P11D completion.
— Stakeholder communication – ability to advise and assist the other team members and departments in all aspects of tax compliance, CIS etc.
— Land transactions, construction industry, in-house payment certificates for sub-contractors and reverse charge Vat knowledge desirable.
— Experience with Sage 200, Eque2 Construction Software and Excel desirable.