The Factory, Alfreton
Hours of work
37.5hrs – Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
You will be responsible for Managing and controlling the Document Control function within the Design Department, as to ensure correct drawings are issued and databases maintained from design to production.
The role will also efficiently manage the Document Control process by the co-ordination of all drawings for current and future R&D projects with external consultants.
General administration jobs can be picked up by the additional member e.g. scopes and appointments of external consultants and taking and distributing minutes.
This role also includes ensuring all documents and drawing are controlled throughout the whole process from concept to creation to delivery.
Main objectives of the role
To efficiently Manage and control the Document Control function within the Design Department as to ensure correct drawings are issued and maintained from design to production.
The role will also efficiently manage the Document Control process by the co-ordination of all drawings and documentation for current and future R&D projects with external consultants.
- Responsible for the management, control and issue of all design documents and ensure correct up to version are evident for current designs and R&D Projects
- Co-ordinate with external consultant for concept drawing document control for all R&D Project.
- Creation of central database with showing clear revision process
- Managing drawing flow through BIM 360
- Control and input of group wide company documentation through BIM 360
- Carry out additional administration functions for the department i.e. notes of meetings etc.
- Devise and Maintain an adequate archive process
- Printing and issuing of drawings
- Ensuring all within the Design Department comply with the Document Control Processes and drawing issue protocol
- Undertake a drawing check processes
- M.I.D.P (Master Information Delivery Plan) Control
- Uphold clear communication between both departments
- Constantly review and improve the process
- Any other duties as directed by management
- Hours to suit the needs of the business
2 year + Document control administration or similar
- Strong Administration experience/qualification
- Experience in working within an office environment
- Experience of maintaining systems and processes
- Experience of working with BIM360
- Experience of working with a technical information i.e. technical drawings
- Woking within a compliance role
Knowledge and skills
- IT strong knowledge and understanding of all office packages, especially excel
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong self-motivational skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to progress tasks to completion.
- Must have the ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Design Manager
- R&D Manager
- Design Manager
- R&D Manager
- Design Team
- Production Manager
- Production Supervisor / Team
- External Consultants