Directors, U.S.M Management Team, U.S Construct, Commercial Team, Supply Chain Manager & Purchasing Team, Production, HR
Main objective of the post
The commercial Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of commercial operations within the modular business, in line with the USM business strategy.
Working closely with Key Business Managers, as well as stakeholder teams the purpose of the role is to produce detailed priced product cost estimates for new and existing products, mitigating and managing risks, negotiating and managing contracts for product and service and planning project execution against required production outputs. The role will also work closely with finance to manage costs and set budgets to develop and assist in financial planning in order to reduce cost per module.
- Review tender documents and Employers Requirements received and establish the exacting requirements and scope.
- Identify key areas of contractual responsibilities and risk implications.
- Produce detailed take-off and Bill of Quantities bases on tender documents, specifications and drawings provided.
- In two stage tender processes support to engage in the PCSA process and provide commercial support.
- Accurate costing of the U.S.M. factory produced product based on material and production costs.
- Ability to understand construction sequencing and produce programmes.
- Attend site visits and client meetings as necessary to ensure the required level of information is collected to mitigate risks and include for all risks.
- Using standard prelim forms build-up accurate allowances for each project.
- Establish elements of scope to be fulfilled by sub-contractors subservient to U.S.M. Identify credible sub-contractors and provide information required such that quotations can be sourced.
- Analyse all quotations submitted and make recommendations as to the most competitive and compelling submissions.
- Assimilate all available information provided, collected and collate in a detailed tender submission.
- Manage relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure business targets are achieved.
- Ensure all saving opportunities are exploited to full effect by negotiating commercial, legal and operational requirements.
- Minimise business risk through appropriate contract terms, specifications and service level metrics
- Interaction with Design Team to ensure designs co-ordinate with the tender and ensure any discrepancies are resolved.
- Oversee the commercial elements of all tenders and contracts.
- Engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Persuade, influence and convince stakeholders of different ideas by articulation of the benefits of change.
- Manage supplier relationships through defined strategy.
- Identify, communicate and implement improvement opportunities.
- Identify cost reduction, quality and service improvement opportunities and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Challenge existing practices and identify best practice.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement across the business.
- Travel to both head office and site locations as necessary
Hours of work
37.5 hrs Monday – Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Urban Splash Modular, based in our Factory in Alfreton
Degree level relevant qualification
3-5 Years working a commercial role, within a manufacturing, modular or construction background
Desirable Experience - worked within a modular construction/manufacturing environment
Skills, knowledge & attributes
- Knowledge and experience based in building and construction, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and standard forms of contract, e.g JCT, NEC3
- Knowledge of managing a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of supply chain
- Ability to interpret drawings and take off quantities
- Knowledge of construction material and process
- Strong IT knowledge Excel
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to influence senior decision makers.
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and organise workloads in a pressured environment
- Analytical skills to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to enforce standards and process
Ability to maintain focus during periods of high pressure
Supply Chain Manager and Commercial Estimator