Head Office, Manchester
Hours of work
Full time 9-5.30pm
Urban Splash is expanding its exciting and innovative range of House products, and with the recent announcement our partnership with Sekisui Homes, we’re growing our business and increasing the numbers of homes we’re delivering.
Compiling well-presented and structured bid documents is a key part of the process when we tender for land, and we’re looking for a well-organised, creative and talented individual to join the team.
We’re involved in both public and private sector procurement, and along with that, there are a range of different requirements in terms of content and format of bid documents. You’ll work with a great team, and have a great portfolio of developments to help you create some winning bids.
You will be involved with data collation, structured and creative writing and will need to understand and interpret technical reports, financial records, plans and general property terminology. We work with a whole host of consultants who help form the detailed component parts of our developments, so you’ll be working with them as well as our internal development and marketing teams.
- Producing managing bid plans
- Coordinating the whole bid team, including internal and external contributors, stakeholders and partners
- Producing compliant proposal/tender templates
- Developing and managing a bid strategy
- Working closely with the graphics team to design and implement a new bid 'hub' with templates, images and copy covering a variety of topics, so that bids can be created in a drag and drop process with minimal editing
- Working to short deadlines and often preparing multiple documents at the same time
- Working closely with internal Head of Land on bids
Qualifications and experience
- Good understanding of best practice in bidding, including within public sector frameworks
- Process driven with demonstrated experience of designing and implementing new processes
- Relevant degree
- A minimum of 2 or 3 years experience in a similar role or in a marketing, promotion or PR type environment
- Ideally with experience within the housing and regeneration sector especially within bidding for new land opportunities
Skills and knowledge
- Efficient and effective time manager, who is able to work to tight deadlines
- Creative and adaptive
- A strong team player, who can build good relationships with internal teams and resources
- Excellent writing skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to direct, manage, lead and motivate a bid team (managing up and down)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Advanced skills in Office 365 applications
- Skills in InDesign / Creative Suite
Development team, marketing and graphics team, the wider US group and external consultants