Hours of work
Full-time, 39hrs p/w
Competitive + Benefits package
Land team, development managers, external consultants including architects, master planners, planning consultants, cost consultants, surveyors and other relevant professionals
Main objective of the role
Being at the forefront of the development process, you will be acceded a certain level of autonomy at this level to work on your own acquisitions; identifying your own opportunities, leading tenders and land bids, and seeing them through the legals to handover to the development team, reporting back to the senior management team with regular updates
- Site finding and origination of land for development, both on and off market, with and without planning permission, and even strategic land on a national basis
- Securing new JV opportunities with landowners in both public and private sector
- Working on numerous tenders via the DPP3 panel, OJEU, or other public sector procurement routes
- Build a network of strong relationships with key contacts within in the industry. The onus of the contact-base is not necessarily agents, but local councils, landowners, and housing associations due to the place-making nature of the product.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the legals, sales, commercial, technical and development teams across the business to ensure all bases are covered when doing due diligence.
- Facilitate smart land acquisition, making sure all angles are covered. Urban Splash have a track-record of buying land in nearly every method possible, so a creative solution can be the difference between securing the site or losing it.
- Drive development through the front-end and ensure a smooth handover to the development team that assume responsibility for the project post-acquisition.
- Preparation and production of regular updates/reports for the Land Director and company board.
- Maintaining regular contact with landowners and partners to ensure any queries or opportunities on are acted upon as quickly as possible.
Urban Splash have a policy of “talent over experience” and this is a core value of the business. This means we are open on the seniority of the role and will look at people with varying years of experience, as long as they display the right values and aptitude.
The ideal background to “hit the ground running” would be a Land Buyer/Manager with proven successful record in land acquisition for residential development of both immediate and strategic land.
Experience of partnership arrangements and public sector tendering would be very beneficial, and a knowledge outside of the north west is a great advantage. Being able to work in a team is important, as is managing a busy workload at a fast pace.
You will need to be open-minded and comfortable with change – Urban Splash have a very agile working environment and they are very good at sharing their resource across the business when needed. This means there will be varied elements to the role, and you may get involved with other parts of the business on certain projects.
We are looking for a conscientious, emotionally intelligent, commercially minded professional who is able to communicate at all levels and has a real desire to find the best possible solution for both parties.